Program CoordinatorCenter For Energy and Environment
Lansing, MI 48864
We are seeking a driven person that is motivated by our mission to catalyze the reduction of energy and carbon emissions. This person will join our Program Development Team at CEE and be highly organized, self-directed, and proactive in their approach to work. The program coordinator needs to be agile and goal oriented as they assist with the development, launch and implementation of new energy efficiency programs at CEE. This position will focus on the launch and delivery of CEE’s Local Government Benchmarking program in Southwest Michigan, which will include local engagement with city officials and staff, large building owners, key community actors, and other local organizations. This position is based in Southwest Michigan in and around the areas of Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Jackson.
The ideal candidate will have superior people skills, experience organizing campaigns and disparate groups, and a drive to move program goals forward. They will have a team-oriented approach and be willing to help with tasks across the team and take on higher responsibilities when needed. This position will be especially attractive to candidates who wish to grow their skills and career prospects by applying organizing and campaign experience to launching, delivering, and growing energy efficiency programs.
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit headquartered in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN, with satellite locations in other cities. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
- Play an integral part in the launch and delivery of the Local Government Benchmarking pilot program in Southwest Michigan
- Communicate technical details and program concepts in an easily understood manner to a variety of audiences
- Support stakeholder engagement and communication by drafting written communications, coordinating meetings, and establishing strategic partnerships
- Support development of program presentations, resources, and training materials
- Present program information and updates to key stakeholders
- Provide assistance to local businesses navigating utility program offerings and energy efficiency opportunities
- Track program activities and impacts to measure against key performance indicators
- Collect and analyze program data and summarize results
- Support development of quarterly and annual reports
- Support program planning, budgeting, invoicing and general program management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent years of experience in relevant field required
- 2-3 years of experience organizing campaigns and/or engaging a variety of stakeholders required
- Experience working with local governments, business groups, and/or nonprofit organizations in Southwest Michigan is strongly preferred
- Experience with energy, sustainability, and/or building benchmarking preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand technical details within a given field
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to craft clear and compelling deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and on a variety of tasks
- Exceptional organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional competency with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and online collaboration software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and a variety of e-mail platforms
- Ability to work in fast-paced, outcome-driven environment with responsibilities to meet deadlines and program goals
- Travel to participating cities for work-related meetings and tasks, as well as to Minneapolis to meet with CEE colleagues in-person as public health situation allows
- This position is based in Southwest Michigan in or around the areas of Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Jackson
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
- Full-time position with benefits. Hourly range is $24 -$26 depending on qualifications
Center for Energy and Environment seeks to enrich the diversity of the CEE community and encourages applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. CEE is long noted for its research, policy advocacy and programming to provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses and communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)