Family Enrollment Counselor
Family Enrollment CounselorPearson
Lansing, MI 48915
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it delivered online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Enrollment and Customer Engagement
Enrollment and Customer Engagement’s primary purpose is to enhance enrollment and retention by providing the best possible experience for families and students. With the services we provide to schools, students and families, we also support key accountabilities within marketing, sales, client relations and school services including:
- Enrollment and Retention
- Client and School Satisfaction
- Graduation Rate
Enrollment Experience Department
The Enrollment Experience Department is accountable for driving customer satisfaction and expediting enrollments, providing:
- Lead follow-up and nurturing
- Senior-level relationship management support to partner schools for enrollment and academic placement, including collaboration on enrollment strategy
- Escalated contact center/help desk enrollment and academic placement support for students and families in the enrollment process
- Outreach to families during the process
- Dedicated single-point-of-contact non-academic support for families in the Family Enrollment Counselor program from their initial interest in our program through enrollment.
Family Enrollment Counselors must be willing to work a 9-hour shift between 8am-10pm EST Monday – Friday (1hour lunch included.) Various shift options are available. Working from your home office, the Family Enrollment Counselor focuses on building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with families interested in enrolling in a Connections Academy school. The Family Enrollment Counselor is accountable for delivering a superior customer experience by communicating the value, features, and benefits of a Connections Academy school offering, while ensuring parents understand the expectations of a virtual school experience. The Family Enrollment Counselor helps families make the right enrollment decision for their and is the first point of contact for parents as they begin their enrollment journey.
- Support interested families via inbound calls in a phone queue setting, assisting families through the enrollment process
- Make outbound calls to families interested in enrolling in Connections Academy schools
- Serve as an enrollment subject matter expert to families during the enrollment process
- Act as an ambassador for the school in interactions with students and families
- Act as a liaison between local schools and enrollment to resolve issues that may impede enrollment
- Remain up to date with changes in enrollment policies and guidelines and communicate changes to families
- Communicate changes in school events, policies, and guidelines through interaction with school staff and parents
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, Sales, or a related field preferred
- Experience in an outbound consultative sales role preferred
- Commitment to a schedule within the hours from 8am to 10pm EST Monday-Friday, during non-peak
- Commitment to working overtime during peak season, July-September
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Prior experience in a phone queue a plus
- Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft Office 365: Teams, Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail and be able to multitask effectively
- Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently but is also able to exercise good judgment when making work-related decisions
- Must be able to work effectively as a part of a team and independently
- Must enjoy a challenging work environment that requires flexibility, self-direction, creativity, strong communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner
- Situational Adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Nimble Learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures are learning fodder.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Customer Focus - Building strong relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the starting pay for this role is $19.23 . This position is not bonus eligible , and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 880